Sunday, August 12, 2007

Aching for brokenness, soothed in His love



These 2 days, I have been preparing for an one-hour radio show early next week ... it's all about ...children from broken families ...

My heart is drawn to talk about this on the 1-hr on-air opportunity. Brokenness is everywhere ... anywhere ...
Broken family relaitonships, broken homes, broken relationships, broken hearts, broken dreams ...

As I am reading up in preparation for the show, I realized I am also doing work to speak in a conference later this year. God has been allowing threads running throuh many aspect of my work. God is so energy-wise too!!!

I feel passionate about speaking in this topic of family brokenness. Children are victims when daddy and mommy give up on their marriage. Children (no matter how old you are) are put into distress. Yet, Children are well trained to hide their distress and emotional turmoils ... children from broken families, in one way or another, will tend to attempt to 'protect' their parents even when they should be the ones who need attention and protection. (I need to write more on this later ... )

For the whole day, I have been praying for ways to bring out important messages in a succint manner on-air. God has been givning me flow of logics and insights in digging deeper in such matter ...

For the whole day, my eyes became watery ... hearts aching for children and families ... as I have been through those valleys and darkness. Feeling of abanadonments, fearfulness ... came to knock on the door of my heart. Yet, I know those feelings so well that I no longer fear of them and I turned those into my contineous prayers to God.

Tears of warmth engulfed my soul as I thank God for His unfailing love for me. He loves me just as the way I am. I don't need to work up to earn His love and to earn His protection. That is GRACE! I keep thanking God for His protection over my life. I thank Him for carrying me through in all these years. I thank Him for being my very very very personal Lord of my life. Nothing can replace His place in my life ... that I feel so transparent with Him. Every single time when I recall how Jesus on the Cross ... my tears just naturally flow down my cheeks. The tears are heart-warming. Honestly, the very reason that I dedicate my life to serve if just because of His love ... and that's my response to His Love. I still remember the scenes from the drime from the CCM camp last weekend. It moves my heart ...

Thank you, My Lord, for being My Lord ...
You are just amazing, Lord ...

1 comments:

CK@Thirsty? said...

Thank you Lorraine, your passion really encourages me. I am so thankful for you. And btw, the photo is amazing!!!! :)