Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"The Sacred Romance"


"The Sacred Romance - Drawing closer to the heart of God" is the title of a book Dr. Don asked us to read in my Counselling foundation class back in 2005. This book title kept lingering in my herat for that whole day. Went home, picked it up, read a few pages and found that I have such a thirst to draw closer to God.

After work, I drove to my little sacred place to sit and to pray. "Ambivalence" depicts my chains of emotions and thoughts ...
Hope vs. Fear
Joy vs. Fear
Living at present vs. living in the past
I know the ultimate result, but the process of walking towards that is filled with uncertainity, unknowns, self-doubts ... I have learn to lean on God in this 'dangling' moments, as I know God will swing with me. I feel peaceful even when I am yet to anchor. It's ok ... "as long as God is here, I am fine with it", a phrase that carried me through those gloomy days last year.

In fact, I am more joyful than ever ... that means God is going to bring me to another journey to surf with Him.

This 'collaboration' is so huge ... but God is in control.

I appreciate the room that I have been given before the 'collaboration' takes place.

I saw on the bench in my little sacred place and started my conversation with God ...
Long: Dad, it's me again ...
God: I have been waiting for you. Come to me and you shall have peace ...
Long: Yes, dad. I feel so speechless ... running out of words ... but here I am ...
God: ... freely ... fresh ... healthy ... pleasing my eye ... I called ... (these are the big words in His response)
Long: yes Lord, I knew it ... but I am scared ...
God: Remember this bench? You came to sat on these benches around you so often last year. I was there ... I am here ... I will be here! I am ready to bring you close to my heart for another journey ... come with me ...
Long: Dad, help me to follow you ... teach me to go after your own heart ...! May your peace dwell in my soul as I am learning to step forward.
God: Be still ... for I am your God. You know me well ... you know I won't leave you or abandon you ...! I am here, my girl ...

A seal suddenly peaked its head up from the water ... flapping its tail ... diving back in ....! The seal was enjoying freely for where God placed it to be. Back and forth, it swam, until it carried on its venture in the water.

0 comments: