Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Came back with an new heart ...



This past Christmas was pretty much a working holiday. I just came back from my 1st involvement in speaking in Winter Conference's English teens section. Ran 3 workshops with them ... on relationships, emotions, and young women's self worth(yes, that means it's a no-guy zone). The very reason that I picked those 3 areas to speak in was that I have witnessed how Satan worked in those specific areas to pull us away from God and from the precious and beautiful image that God intended us to embrace in His creation. Getting to speak in front of young eager souls is always a blessing. I remember how it felt when I was speaking in afc's relationship conference last month ... 
Besides the teens, I am very excited to once again work alongside with many dedicated Christian youth workers. Sean is definitely a very inspiring friend to work with and to hang around with (all those hours we tagged along to make our way to Calgary and in the conference). Sean just shines whenever he is with the teens. His life is absolutely a big encourager to my own and ministry. We just had such a good time chatting up during our trips and rides.  God just knows that I need to hear and to see the most!! Les' sermons were very challenging for the teens. I was so happy that he went all the way to tackle some sensitive issues that teens are struggling nowadays. God's spirit was amazing when I saw how our sermon messages and our workshop messages intertwined together. 
Met a few teens whom I worked with in previous conferences ... they have grown so much since I last saw them in the summer ... a little kid is now taller than me! haha ...one morning, he walked up to me and said ... "Lorraine!!!! You remember me?? Guess what?? I am now taller than you now!!" I giggled and said "Goooooood for you! But my height isn't too hard to beat!!" They are just lovable!! I really dont' think teens nowadays are brainless, as many people commented, in fact, they asked very valid questions about life and God. 

After a workshop I gave, a 14-yr-old girl was hanging around and as I chatted with her ... she said that she brought 2 questions to the camp: (1) Who am I in God? (2) Who is God? Her questions totally blew me away right there. I met so many adults, and even Christian adults, who hardly think of these questions. I just had such a good talk with her. God has worked in her heart and we got to touch base throughout the conference and was just amazed in how God used people and His very own words to touch her heart. 
Being able to directly working with lives is very much a blessing!!!!!!!!!!! God is good. 
Thanks to Ken for getting a new replacement memory card for me before my flight to Calgary, but I didn't have much time taking pictures during the conference, as I thought it was a working weekend with young lives and didn't distract that from hanging out outside the hotel. 

Indeed, during quiet moment I spent praying for the conference and teens. I have learnt a new way to set boundaries for my ministry and calling to serve, which I think is most needed in order to march on. 

0 comments: