Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Our Second Birth - I

I have started reading up on Nouwen's book, titled - Our Second Birth - Christian Reflection On Death and New Life. It's Nouwen's diary entries during his Sabbatical year throughout his ministry in DayBreak. 

Want to write down some of his entries that speaks to me personally on my own little journey of solitude.

"... We talked long hours about vocation, competency, church, work, future possibilities, and so on. Most important to me was that Steve is very glad to have left his bank job and loves his studies ... I kept saying 'Be sure that you love the life you are living now, your studies, your prayers, your friendship ... Then you can trust that God will reveal to you the direction to go when the time comes. Buy don't try to know now what you only have to know a few years from now' ... Steve took a risk by embarking on a road he doesn't know much about. But I feel that it is a beautifully inspired rish, worth taking, and not in a secure but basically unsatisfying job. I am convinced that one day his decisions will bear many fruits."

This is what I read at bedtime last night. 

When God reiterates His comforts and assurance through multiple channels, then I know He is taking over. Humbly I learn to surrender all to The One who is above all. 

Coming to think about Risk-taking ... am I ready for another round of it? I am asking myself for an honest answer. 

"I am here" ... that's all I need to hear ... :)

0 comments: