Saturday, June 2, 2007

Jubilization I

Without having a lot of musical talents, like the lovely Jubilant; Without any knowledge about the sound-system, like Matt and Drew; Without having a gift in preaching, like Pastor Wilbur ... I just brought a prayerful heart to tonight's Jubilization ... and that is what I offered wholeheartly for the use of our Lord. I kept praying that God would use this evening to mend a lot of broken hearts, to heal many broken relationships with Him, to touch many bleeding wounds from human relationships. This is what I kept praying for since the beginning of the week. Sometimes, I find myself almost forgot to bring all those technical-needs (i.e. smooth rundown, the out-of-order projector ...etc). My faith is purely grounded on His Almighty power that goes beyond our inadequacy. How many times I felt inadequate in my counselling sessions, but in turns ... how many times I have experienced the enduring power of God's prescence that brings changes to lives?! Not that we don't strive for perfect, but we are so imperfect that flawless outcomes seems out of reach many of the times ... after all ... Our Lord oversees all and still love each of us. All I know is that if we are inadequate or insufficient, that His power won't be hindered nor delayed ... that He is much bigger than all those ....

When did I last saw so many young souls gathered together? Tonight's scenes totally reminded me back in those days when I served in the Vancouver Alliance Youth Conference (in Yr 2002/2003). Hundreds of young lives being touched by The Truth ... especially the grounp of us who served together over the 2 years. I remember I was on the stage being laid hands and prayed for. Tonight's Jubilization isn't not one of those emotion provoking revival conferences ... but creating a safe place where tears, yearning from the hearts and confession are allowed. "It's ok to allow our fantasies, our hurts, our struggles appear as we bring our inner being into solitude in His prescence ... It is ok .... It is ok" Pastor Wilbur said.

notes of Jubilization will continue ... ... ...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must digg your article therefore more folks can see it, really useful, I had a tough time finding the results searching on the web, thanks.

- Joe