Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Riding the wave with God



"Surfing with God" has always been a picture in my mind when it comes to walking with God in my life.
Don't ask me why I've got that image, nor I know so much about surfing, and indeed I don't ... but it's just there!

My heart became a little speechless lately ...
Not that there is a huge block that mutes my heart,
but a million little things do...

As I googled surfers' experiences ... found this ... this is a little summary ...
isn't this how we experience our Lord in our lives? ...
1. If you’re a surfer, you’re always a surfer, even if you aren’t surfing at that moment.
2. As a surfer you ride the wave and enjoy it for as long as you can, even though you know it will eventually come to an end.
3. When you crash you don’t quit—you go right back out to catch another wave.
4. No two waves are exactly the same. Each wave is a unique experience.
5. You spend most of your time waiting for the next big one.
6. When the right wave comes, you have to paddle like crazy to catch it.
7. It’s definitely worth it.

Somehow, it seems to me that all those little things are preparing me for riding on another wave with God ... for I can only lean on His Words for guidence. Thankful enough that I have a little surfer-buddy in my life now ... Lord, prep us well for the upcoming wave.

0 comments: