Monday, November 12, 2007

An afternoon prayer



What a sunny, yet windy, afternoon. Nothing is better than staying home to spend time on work and quiet moments. The wind is so strong that the leaves were whirling on the street. How can I not pray when I feel the warmth of the sun and hear the birds migrating to the south ... these are all His Creations ...

Long: " ... Father ... You know me, Lord. You know the insecurity is knocking at my door so much lately. Calm it with me, Lord. At times, I never trust in people for many significant ones in my life left and abandoned me. Scars left behind and I was left behind with overflowing tears. And yet, I know that you have good things and plan install for my life ... that I will be courageous and move forward in Your Grace alone ... but I am scared sometimes ..."

God: "Yes, Long! I heard you. Remember what I said in Romans 8? Nothing is going to seperate you from my love for you. Nothing and no one will snatch you away from my sight and love. Don't you be fearful ... for my love for you drive out your fear. You will have many more rounds of doubts, but that's ok, I am here to catch you. I catch your tears, I catch your heartaches ... and I keep them close to my heart ...! Moreover, you are so much stronger than when you were a kid or yeras ago ... I will make sure you have enough strength to walk on the path you are walking down right now. Long, I am your Father and don't you forget I am also The Almighty King and Lord of lives in this universe. I oversee all my beloved creation. Nothing is too difficult for me, but just be patience. You are walking in this path for purpose that I will keep on revealing to you as you walk with me. I called you to be a counsellor for my people for reasons ... just move on slowly and I will ensure you with my very prescence ... ..."

Long: "Thank you Dad. You are the strength of my heart and my portion forever! Honestly, I don't quite fully understand what you said ... but yet, I know you will walk with me ... and that's all I will find my security in. Thank you Lord for giving me tangible angels in my life to remind me of your prescence. Yes, nothing will snatch me away from your love. So next time when the insecurity knocks at my door again, can I ask the insecurity to knock at your door and you deal with it? haha ... ok, I am being stupid, Lord. But thank you once again ... "

That's my little blah with my Lord ...

0 comments: