Thursday, May 22, 2008

New Life in Christ

The students shared 2 songs with us ^_^


These 2 pictures were very very funny! A few students kindly offered help to move some benches from the front of the sanctuary to the foyer. Their videoman wanted to shoot the scene ... but the 'movers' walked too fast ... then the videoman asked the students to walk back to where they go then bench and walk again (consider that it was rather heavy!) Other students heard that the videoman is shooting again ... haha ... the rest of the whole gang ran to 'pretend' offering help to carry the heavy bench. One of them said "我要爭取出鏡機會" ... hahaha ... well ... so basically the 2nd shot has way more people law! hahaha ... they are simple cute!!!

Nothing is greater than God's almighty power ...

Zheng Sheng College's (Drug Rehab school in HK) principal
 and founder came to Vancouver with 12 others students. All the students are either substance abusers or admitted through court orders.  

Got to meet a few of the students during PP959 show last Sunday. They were the abandoned, neglect, abused ... they once lost hope ... they once wounded ... God reached out to them and healed many of their wounds ... though an ongoing process, ye
t, they are found. And in fact, we are all 'in-progress' ...

When I got to sit down with a few of them during dinner. We had such a good conversation. I felt like serving in gospel camps in RCAC in the old da
ys, surrounded by young folks whose
 lives are vibrant but once hurt and torn. They shared their stories with me, from hindsight, of how they longed for love and acceptance ... and ended up they gave up their life to drugs and other abuse of other sorts. Reminded me of my 2.5 years in Maples Adolescence Treatment Center ... 

When I was walking out to the parking lot ... a few kids whom we are chatted with came to said bye! Somehow, I missed them ...! I asked them to "加油,要堅持,天父的恩典夠你用。好好用天父給你的恩典幫助在掙扎的同學唷" ... don't know why, the guy nodded his head and his eye became watery ... so were mine's . As I asked him why he got teary ... I am amazed how God prompted me to say what I said ...

加油加油加油加油!

Yes, they are still struggling ... but they have God in their lives ...
There are more out there who are struggling without knowing who God is ... my heart aches ...

So many typos in this entry ... I am sooo tried from a long day of meetings and work ... but really wanna write these down before I hit my bed ...

0 comments: