Saturday, December 13, 2008

The night with Timothy Fellowship

YAY ... 
"All papers are gone, I've been set free ... "(In the melody of Chris Tomlin's Amazing grace) ...

Handed in the paper early in the morning ... went for a whole day of appointments all around town ... still had to speak in a youth fellowship at night. I was quite tired by the time I parked my car. I was a little early, and I prayed in the car ... "A peaceful and powerful heart I grant you, go in My Name" ...

The very moment when they start their worship time (Very nice coordination with using CD to lead fellowship worship), blew me away!!! It was a rather mini-size youth fellowship with about 12 kids?! ... It was like 50 people singing altogether!! One song is from their summer camp and the other is Hillsong's "Worthy is the Lamb" in Mandarin. Oh boy! I sat in circle with this cozy group of kids. They were so responsive! I prepared for 5 pages of notes for an hour of talk, but I think I have just finished 1 page, at the most. We chatted, we asked questions, we reflected, we shared some of the life ponders as we pondered on how God created man and woman in Genesis. Such beautiful passage (well ... esp when I haven't got time to get to the fallen part yet!)!! You are just see in some of their eyes with great reflection about intimacy in their lives. 
After fellowship ... a few kidos lined up to ask questions ... to ask me to pray for them ... on some of their brokenness. Ended up, I didn't leave the building until 1045pm. Very tired, but time well spent! I love working with young folks ... full of courage, full of life, full of hope, full of beauty ... can totally see God's amazing creation in lives ... It feels soooo good to see lives crying out for God in tears ... this is what genuine lives are ... If I can choose, I'd want to work with youths forever!!! But I guess diff life stage would have a slightly diff wonders to it ... hum ...

I guess I will go back to speak for a few more times ... hope we can get to the Fallen part in Genesis next time :)

0 comments: