Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Psalm 63

As I am preparing for leading a few songs in fellowship this week, I came across this song and psalm. I long for some down time to spend with my Lord ... I do thirst for Him, I do long for Him ...
This became my prayer ...

Psalm 63
O God, you are my God, (yes, You are my God and ONLY you are my God)
earnestly I seek you
my soul thirst for you,
my body longs for you, 
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water. 
I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfy as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. 
Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. 
They who seek my life will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth.
They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals.
But the kind will rejoice in God; all who swear by God's name will praise him, while the mouth of liars will be silenced. 

As I shared with my team at work this week, I feel 'awkward' when I was sitting at my desk at home and was starting on my paper once again. For the past 2 years, unexpected events and news jolted my life and threw the norm of my life's tranquility into a roaring stormy sea for 2 years. That awkwardness told me that tranquility is scarce and rather precious. I am used to be in crisis/survival mode than back to life's serenity. It was that serenity that brought me to Psalm 63. I long to cling onto God in my serenity as much as when I was in desperation. And indeed, those moments of desperation wove into the fabric of my life and made my journey with God stronger than ever. 

Joyfully Ken and I prayed tonight after our 'tuen nin' dinner ... we promised that we won't leave Him and that we continuously offer our lives to Him as a loving response for Him unfailing love for us. Lord, hear our prayers ...

0 comments: